Here I am, roughly 2 weeks late, writing Evie’s 4 month update! There are so many things that are happening with her that I don’t want to forget! There are also things that I WOULD like to forget and I hope soon I will! Or else this child may be the only one ;).
*Edit! It’s been another week since I started this post. So, now I’m 3 weeks late!
4 months has been a bit trying for us. She has learned so much and with every month comes more abilities and skills and joys. However, I think every month also comes with new trials and tribulations. These would be easier to deal with if we were both getting more rest at night. I have such hope that she will go back to sleeping 5-6 hour stretches at night…hope reigns eternal, right?!
Things I don’t want to forget:
- The laughs. The giggles. The belly laughs! She has discovered how hilarious Archer is. The best part is that because she loves it when he plays so much, that we are more likely to play with him with her, to please her. (Like a little dictator!)
- She still doesn’t roll over. But, she does like to roll to one side and grab her feet. Especially during nakey time!
- She loves her crib right now. Her room is always so warm so it’s perfect for her to have nakey time. I’ll put her in her crib, naked, with toys to entertain her while I take a shower or accomplish some other task.
- Evie still doesn’t enjoy her current playmat. She likes to be on it for a few minutes and then gets furious that she can’t fit entire toys in her mouth. Reason takes no part of this – it’s pure emotion!
- The doctor said she needs more tummy time. She apparently has a little flat spot on the back of her head. I’m not sure how, as she doesn’t spend much time on her back at all. I personally can’t find it myself, but I’ve taken to calling her little flat head…haha!
- We’ve been working on the bedtime routine this month. She now has a pretty steady bedtime routine, of which I’m pretty proud! It starts at 6:30. 6:30 bath, lotion, nighttime diaper, jammies, story time with mommy and daddy, then nursing to sleep (or, nursing to right before sleep and then praying it works)
- She was in a dress for the first time in her life this month. It’s the CUTEST thing in the world. I love it. I can’t wait until Spring and warmer weather when she can wear them more frequently!
- Evie has appeared to have found her voice. She is incredibly chatty. She loves to sing us the song of her people! All the time. Also, she has a funny knack of laughing/talking at the WORST times. When someone shares bad news, the negative part of a story, etc etc, that is the time she will laugh.
- Her hair is losing it’s fluff and no longer stands completely on end. I hate that. But, it’s growing so long and it’s this stunning chestnut color. In the sun, there are golden strands. I hope hope hope that it stays brunette!
She is so interactive now. I love that! I’m looking forward to what’s to come.