About a year ago, I decided I’d like to make my hubby some pj pants. I hadn’t used my sewing machine much at all at this point, so I chose an easier project first – a plastic bag holder for my kitchen. It was a success, and came out beautifully! Then I took a big break from sewing…pretty much until after we moved into our new house. Once I got my craft room all set up, I finally got back into sewing and threw myself into a million baby projects. Baby blankets, baby burp cloths, more baby blankets and baby burp cloths! Before I knew it, about a year had passed until I bought that pattern and cloth for those pj pants. Every time I looked at the pattern I would get scared about messing up – I kept putting it off!
I’m proud to say that a few days ago I picked this project back up and I completed it this evening! Earlier this weekend I cut out the pattern, ironed it, and washed my fabric. Today I ironed my fabric, cut out what I needed, and got to work! It actually was no where near as difficult as I thought it would be. I followed the step by step instructions, and voila! Pants!
Here’s my lovely man modeling his new duds: