My two sisters came in from out of town for the holiday, and we had two friends come over to eat dinner with us. It was really a fabulous time! My sisters helped me prep the food (one more than the other – but that’s okay, she helped get the house ready!) I’ve typically done all of prep and cooking by myself, and it was such a blessing from the gods to have helping hands! It felt like a weight was lifted off of my shoulders. On Wednesday we sliced bread for stuffing, made the cranberry sauce, made the brine, and made two pies. Thursday we did everything else!
- Turkey (brined, of course)
- Mashed Potatoes
- Gravy (DUH)
- My Grandmother’s Stuffing (We made a double batch and it’s basically almost gone – it’s everyone’s fave)
- Green Bean Casserole (Made fresh this year instead of the Campbell’s recipe)
- Cranberry Sauce
- Carrots, cooked under the turkey, so they tasted delicious
- Rolls – from Whole Foods – so good!
- Apple Pie (made from scratch – that’s how I roll)
- Pumpkin Pie (also made from scratch)
Everything was delicious. So much deliciousness.